Bhiwandi building collapse: Death toll rises to 18
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Suspended MPs protest at Parliament
Delhi: Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman Harivansh meets the eight suspended Rajya Sabha MPs who are protesting at Gandhi… https://t.co/H5Iom5lUSL
— ANI (@ANI) 1600741004000
Lok Sabha passes the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill 2020
Lok Sabha passes The Epidemic Diseases (Amendment) Bill, 2020
Lok Sabha passes The Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and The Indian Medicine Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2020
India has recorded very high single day recoveries during the last 3 days
- More than 90,000 COVID-19 patients have been cured and discharged from home/facility isolation and hospitals every single day: Ministry of Health
China reports 6 new cases vs 12 a day earlier
- China reported six new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 21, down from 12 a day earlier, the national health authority said on Tuesday.
- The National Health Commission said in a statement all of the new cases were imported infections involving travellers from overseas.
- It also reported 15 new asymptomatic cases, also down from 25 reported a day earlier, though China does not classify these symptomless patients as confirmed COVID-19 cases.
New York police officer charged with spying for China
- US authorities have charged a Tibetan man serving as a New York police officer with espionage, accusing him of gathering information about the city’s Tibetan community for the Chinese government.
- The officer, who worked at a station in the Queens section of the city, was directed by members of the Chinese consulate in New York, according to the indictment released Monday.
- Through his contacts with the Tibetan community, the 33-year-old man gathered information between 2018 and 2020 on the community’s activities, as well as identified potential information sources.
US closes in on 200,000 virus deaths, weeks before election
Death toll rises to 17 in the Bhiwandi building collapse incident, which took place in Thane district of Maharashtra yesterday: NDRF
Without comprehensive reforms, UN faces ‘crisis of confidence’: PM Modi
- The United Nations faces a “crisis of confidence” without comprehensive reforms, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said, asserting that the world needs a reformed multilateralism that reflects today’s realities, gives voice to all stakeholders, addresses contemporary challenges and focuses on human welfare.
- Prime Minister Modi’s call for reformed multilateralism assumes special significance as it comes on the eve of India taking a seat at the powerful UN Security Council as an elected non-permanent member for a two year term beginning January 1, 2021.
Mexico nears 700,000 cases, real toll unknown
- Mexico closed in on a total of 700,000 confirmed coronavirus cases on Monday, though authorities acknowledge the true number of infections in the country ranked No. 6 in COVID-19 cases globally is higher.
- Mexico has the fourth highest number of deaths attributed to the pandemic.
- On Sunday, the health ministry reported 3,542 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the country, bringing the total to 697,663 as well as a cumulative death toll of 73,493.
Odisha Assembly Speaker calls for all-party meet on September 25
- Odisha Legislative Assembly Speaker SN Patro has called for an all-party meeting on September 25 ahead of the monsoon session.
- Speaking to ANI, Patro said, “An all-party meeting has been called on September 25 to ensure the smooth functioning of the House during the upcoming session. We will discuss the provisional calendar and about the zero or questions hour during the meeting.”
- Patro stated that starred questions will not be taken up during the session.
World leaders mark U.N. at 75, challenged by pandemic and U.S., China tensions
- World leaders came together, virtually, on Monday to mark the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, as the deadly coronavirus pandemic and tensions between the United States and China challenge the effectiveness and solidarity of the 193-member body.
- As COVID-19 began to spread around the world earlier this year, forcing millions of people to shelter at home and devastating economies, countries turne
Published at Tue, 22 Sep 2020 00:50:21 +0000